New JR Receivers.

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Fri Aug 6 23:11:07 AKDT 2004

Steve , et all

The new JR 9Channel radio being released by Horizon Hobby is not the current 9X that is being sold overseas.
There have been extensive changes to the programming to improve it over the 9X and serve USA market better. A word of caution for those really anxious to get a 9X....the 9X is not a product supported by Horizon. They don't carry them and can't repair them. They don't have tech support for the system as the programming is different from the US version of the 9channel system. My personal suggestion to all is be patient and it will be here.....As with all JR products I'm sure they are breaking ground and setting the bar even higher for the other radio manufacturers.

While I don't have specific info on the new 9Channel radio I do know that the R1000 RX is the non U.S. version of the 945 and 955 Rx's sold by JR/Horizon in the USA already. They are not the same RX as the 649 in a different package. I have been running these RX's extensively for the last few years and they are great. I have not had any issues in the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of flights I have put on them. Another really good RX is the new 770 PCM while only a 7channel it meets the needs of the pattern flyer very well and is light. My experience with this RX is its just as rock solid as the 945 and 955's I have flown. I personally don't know anything about the R900 (or a 9Ch PCM RX)...

>From the info that we (Team JR) have gotten the new 9Ch is coming and has extensive advancements over them 9X being sold elsewhere. But that is about it. I know that they are testing and getting all the P's and Q's handled with the system before its released. No company wants to release a product that is not ready for Prime time. JR quality is a very high standard and Horizon maintains this as you all know.

Horizon has gotten a little bit of bad rap on the Internet about not bringing in the product...but in reality they have made changes and improvements to serve our needs better. This is good...they want a new system that really stands out from the competition and exceeds our expectations. In the years I have been involved with JR I have never heard an Ill word regarding Horizons support of the modeler. While we would all like to have the latest and greatest little toy, it's great that Horizon stepped up and made changes that were needed in the product to serve our needs better.  I'm a techno junkie too and want to get a new radio to play with also.

I'm not sure but I feel there will be some detailed data on the 9Channel system coming soon. I know that people are chomping at the bit for new radio. This speaks to the quality and the desire for JR products here in the USA. As you all know I'm an avid JR user and Team member.  I truly feel they have the best, it is really nice to be associated with a company that gives the service and customer support like Horizon does.. It great when you can talk about a product and have a smile on your face. I'm positive that we are all going to be very happy when the product hits the market. Horizon just wants to make sure that things are right and it meets our needs.

As soon as I get some info I will pass it along to you guys....as of right now I only know its coming nothing more.

Patience and I will help you guys out when I get the info. I promise

Troy Newman
Team JR