OS pipes

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Fri Aug 6 07:26:04 AKDT 2004

Cleck Bob Pastorello web page: http://www.rcaerobats.net/
Bob is flying the OS 160 (standard) wiht Perry Pump and it is working very well.  I have seen it in action in two contests.  The web page has a section dedicated to the OS 160 set up that could be very useful for you if you decide to buy the engine.
I am using the OS 160 in sport plane wiht the Perry pump and is very reliable and easy to set up.
Vicente Bortone

Would someone send me a chart detailing the different pipe options that I could use with an OS 140 and 160? For instance -
Manufacturer Model Cost Weight
Grieves
MAC
OS
etc ...
I have a Focus II coming and need to order an engine. Does anyone know where I can find one? I understand that the retailers are out of stock. Also, of the various props, 17X12, 16X14, 3 bladed, etc., which one gives the best downline braking? Last question is about the header options, what are the costs and sizes of the various ones on the market. When I ran the OS 140 in 1997 I used a Mac header with an extension tube and a MAC tuned piped But if I recall correctly it was a .20 size pipe to simply act as a muffler. I detuned the engine so that it turned an APC 16X13N at 8100. Even that was a bit fast for the plane, a Steve Stricker Excalibur II, which was a big plane at the time. All help is appreciated.
Thanks, Rich