OS pipes

Fletcher, Richard Richard.Fletcher at gs.com
Fri Aug 6 06:49:36 AKDT 2004

Would someone send me a chart detailing the different pipe options that I
could use with an OS 140 and 160? For instance -

Manufacturer            Model                  Cost              Weight

Grieves
MAC
OS
etc ...

    I have a Focus II coming and need to order an engine. Does anyone know
where I can find one? I understand that the retailers are out of stock.
Also, of the various props, 17X12, 16X14, 3 bladed, etc., which one gives
the best downline braking? Last question is about the header options, what
are the costs and sizes of the various ones on the market. When I ran the OS
140 in 1997 I used a Mac header with an extension tube and a MAC tuned piped
But if I recall correctly it was a .20 size pipe to simply act as a muffler.
I detuned the engine so that it turned an APC 16X13N at 8100. Even that was
a bit fast for the plane, a Steve Stricker Excalibur II, which was a big
plane at the time. All help is appreciated.

Thanks, Rich