OS 1.60 Setup

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Wed Aug 4 10:47:31 AKDT 2004

Wayne:
Clearly you have a nice set up.  I know that my OS 140 RX will never go over 8000 RPM with 17x13 wide prop.  Are you sure that you have a 1.40? Probably you are talking about the OS 160.
I also have a carbon fiber pipe with OS F plug.  In fall and spring I use 15% nitro, 18% oil.  In summer (humid days) I go to 20% nitro.  The plane is a Hydeout.  I also have a Focus wiht a Mintor 140 that practically runs exactly like the OS 140 RX.  I am running now 3 blade re-pitched props on both planes.
Vicente

Vincent,
I think I have a pretty good setup, pipe, prop, fuel at this time.
It pulls 8100rpm, 17X13 std APC, 15% Cool Power, OS "F" plug, Karl Mueller header, AreoSlave c.f. pipe(3.5 oz proto-type).
This was just last Sunday in 95 degree heat at 675' altitude med to high humidity.
I found with this new pipe I have been trying that I had to richen up the low end and run the high
end just a click rich from peak rpm. The braking was good and the transition is very smooth and not peaky.
My airplane weights 10lbs 4oz. and its a pretty clean aerodynamically. This prop(17x13) may not work on
a more dragy airplane then some and I have been using the 17x12 APC std in the past with this engine.
I am sure on windy days I would have to go to the 3 blade prop or the 17x12. A 17x10 and even the 17x12N is not
enough prop for my setup. Yours may vary do to the setup so don't take this as the gospel in setup.
Wayne Galligan