Webra thread....

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Mon Aug 2 17:25:20 AKDT 2004

Emory, the "simple" move from 15% to 20% nitro requires that you richen the
carb. You did the right thing. I suggest that you fly it that way a few times
before adjusting the pump. Then, if you think you need to, do what Jimbo sez.
That's been my experience also.

If the engine starts to give you indications of richness where it had been
running fine, or dying rich in the air, change the plug to an F type and
actually go slightly richer yet, the equivalent of one more click on the MC carb. The
plug will foul up if the engine is run lean and will tend to produce poor
combustion, hence the rich indication.

Matt
Hey Jim (and others),

What kind of problems did you notice that made you come to the conclusion
that you needed to increase the pump pressure? I had a great running 1.45 until
the rear bearing exploded and took out the engine. Horizon was great and
replaced that engine with a new 1.60. I have not run my new 1.60, but I have about
40 flights on another one. I didn't think the power was as good as the 1.45 I
had. But, yesterday I put some Cool Power 20% Pro pattern fuel in it (I usually
run 15%) and it seemed to do great. I am using the MC carb and did notice
that I had to richen the curve quite a bit to make it run. Anyway, I just
wondered if I should adjust the pump. I did have one dead stick that I still had
about 1/3 of the fuel tank left and I am not sure why that happened. Otherwise,
the engine ran well.

Any thoughts?
Emory.