Webra Thread

Lee Davis lee at piedmontmodels.com
Mon Aug 2 14:57:48 AKDT 2004

We brought the original 1.45 blackheads into the US, then the redheads, then
Horizon took it with the 1.60s.  After much experience I've come to know
that Webra carbs, Promix or MC, can be tricky to set up and close enough
isn't close enough...you need to get it right.

Just this last weekend I met a friend to check out his 1.60 which he had
been struggling with for three weeks.  When I arrived at the field he
already had two deadsticks out of two flights and was ready to pack it in -
convinced the engine would never work.  After a little Q&A plus sorting out
his mixture control the engine ran perfect and he flew til dark.  I showed
him what's what with tuning the mixture, and I believe he'll be fine now.

I'm often asked by customers what engine I recommend for our planes.  The
advice I usually give is:  If you're unsure about engines find out what the
"experts" in your area are using and get one.  All pattern engines have
quirks, and there's no substitute for local support.

Lee Davis
Piedmont Models