Pattern 101

Keith Black tkeithb at comcast.net
Mon Aug 2 09:30:32 AKDT 2004

Georgie,

I very much enjoyed your article in the K-Factor on Pattern 101 and want to commend you on taking on this project. I think this is a great way to spread the word about pattern and indoctrinate people that might otherwise be hesitant to give it a try.

The last sport I was into was fencing which like pattern isn't a well know sport, at least here in the US. Some of the local clubs would advertise beginner classes in magazines such as Fun Ed and The Dallas Morning News. Ninety percent of the people that attended classes would not end up as competitors but the process would spread awareness of fencing and occasionally we'd get some new members that would become very involved and eventually play a big role in the club.

I wish I could allot the time to take on a program of this type. I think it's a great idea and I hope others begin doing the same. If you keep it up I bet it will grow year over year as more people know about it and talk about it.

Great job!

Keith Black