More Webra problems

Jerry Budd jbudd at QNET.COM
Mon Aug 2 06:21:33 AKDT 2004

Tony,

I wouldn't suggest drawing such a conclusion about a motor based on
observations at one contest.  I could make the exact same statement
about the YS DZ's based on what I saw at the Nats, and I don't think
anybody would dispute that YS has had some great motors over the
years.

Maybe I'm just extremely fortunate, but I had 6 Webra 61RE's with
DynaMix carbs back in the 80's and they all ran very well.  The Webra
145's and 160's I've run the past few years have performed every bit
as reliable if not better.  Every motor can have its problems, at the
02 Nats I didn't get a flight off on Monday in Masters because of
OS140RX carb mid-range transition problems.

To be honest, most of the time when I see a problem with a motor,
it's an operator error (me included), either in not setting up the
motor properly, or misdiagnosing a motor system problem (again me
included).  I tend not to place blame on a motor design until there
is a large database of credible user info that suggests a systemic
problem.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Jerry

--