Wheel Pant & wheel assembly

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Fri Apr 30 04:11:08 AKDT 2004

Same as Earl's, except I use a 8-32 socket head bolt from the outside of the wheel pant, through the wheel, then a kep nut(reversed to tighten against the plywood), 1/8" AC ply plate, inside part of pant, gear leg, then flat washer and nylon locknut.  I then drill a 1/16" hole through the gear leg, pant, and ply plate at about 10 o'clock, referenced to the bolt, for a Servo mounting screw to go through the leg and into the ply plate inside the wheel pant.  Enlarge the hole in the gear leg to 3/32".  CA the plywood hole before installing screw.  Stops rotation of the pant.

I like this because I can alter tension against the hubs easily, and it's servicable with off-the-shelf stuff.

Bob Pastorello
rcaerobob at cox.net
www.rcaerobats.net