Practice Regiment

Ed Deaver divesplat at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 28 17:16:17 AKDT 2004

First flight, go through the sequence to simulate contest, see what needs work.  Work on rolls or a couple manuervers till out of fuel.

Second flight, Pick several areas that need work and make sure to do the preceeding and following maneuver, till satisfied or mentally tired.  Will pick 3 areas in a flight to work on.

Third flight, back to the sequence, working on airplane control, wings level, straight flight and concentrating on the problem areas to see if practice helped.

Forth flight, if mentally able to concentrate(sometimes 3 is my max for improvement)  Split the sequence up first 1/2 or 1//3 and repeat.

Emphasize the higher K factor manuevers as well as the first maneuver(sets the tone)  In advanced the reverse cuban and the slow roll are good indicators of the overall flight.  Do them well and you will probably score better, do them poorly and you will probably score worse( I know this is against the rules of judging but simply a truth that seems to be present)

If you are frustrated, angry of just don't have the mental ability to stay focused, pack it up as it will only not be fun.

Ed

Ed Miller <edbon85 at optonline.net> wrote:
Ok, the list is far too quiet so it's time to stir the pot....actually I'm looking for advice. Although practice makes perfect, he who burns the most fuel wins...etc, realistically what you all of you do to get the most from your practice sessions ??? Especially those that have a 24/7 lives and are at times lucky to get to the field once a week ?? My personal situation the last few years is unfortunately fly very little, get to the contest a day early, get a few flights in ( complete sequence in both directions ) and then do my best during competition. Got lucky and did well up through Advanced but that sure isn't going to cut it in Masters, especially in District 1. I was toying with breaking the sequence up in half or thirds to practice or ?? I'm listening...Ed M.