sound meter

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Mon Apr 26 08:12:32 AKDT 2004

The radio shack meters are only +/- 3db, but usually perform better, and
that is double the volume. The good meters ($250) are +/- 1 or 1.5 db.

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering

"Tony Stillman" <tony at radiosouthrc.com>
Sent by: discussion-request at nsrca.org
04/26/2004 10:52 AM
Please respond to discussion

        To:     <discussion at nsrca.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: sound meter

Brian:

Do you realize that 3 DB is DOUBLE the sound level?  That's not even
close.....

Tony Stillman
Radio South
3702 N. Pace Blvd.