JR R770S PCM Receiver.

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 22 18:28:49 AKDT 2004

 I'm like you I fly the 649 in F3a and the 770 in Flat foamies and sport. I've never had a problem with either but I'd like to see the 770's a little more before sticking it in a 2 meter. Mike

David Lockhart <DaveL322 at comcast.net> wrote:The 10 channel RXs are a 945 dual conversion and 955 single conversion. The
945 is larger/heavier (1.6 oz) to accomodate the added electronics of dual
conversion - I think the 955 is the same weight as it shares the case of the
945.

The 9 channel 649 (PCM) and 549 (FM) are 1 oz and older in design than the
new 770 (PCM) - I think the newer design of the 770 and the smaller
footprint area for the plugs (2 less channels) account for the lighter
weight (.7 oz). As Doug, I've flown the 770 in electrics and it is solid.
I've flown the 700 (the FM version of the 770) pretty extensively in 12 lb
Ultrastick with 6 digital servos and it was solid.

I personally fly the 649 in the pattern stuff - but I doubt you'd have
problems with any of the above receivers.

Regards,

Dave Lockhart, Team JR
DaveL322 at comcast.net

Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 4:34 PM
Subject: Re: JR R770S PCM Receiver.

> I've been using them in my smaller electric airplanes where every gram
> counts. I've never had any problem to date. I think with the bigger
> receivers you gain a fair amount of resistance to vibration and such but I
> don't KNOW that for sure. The difference in weight between a 770 and a 955
> wouldn't be noticed in a 2m F3A airplane so I'd stick with the 955 myself.
>
> -Doug Cronkhite
> -Team JR
>

> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Steve Bennett wrote:
>
> > Has anyone had any experience with this new receiver? I bought a pair of
these but I'm having second thoughts due to the small size as compared to
the JR 9 and 10 channel PCM receivers.
> > What was sacrificed to achieve the small footprint & what is the
advantage of the 9 and 10 channel receivers (other than the extra channels)?
In a nut shell, would you trust a ZN or PL plane to the R770S?