Contest scoring

Lance Van Nostrand patterndude at comcast.net
Sun Apr 18 17:47:59 AKDT 2004

If a PDA solution is compared to an 11" long pad, where all the scores are easily visible/reviewable at a glance, the PDA comes up short.  Accounting for the case where there is a missing score is most easily done with the pad approach.
  However, if the PDA is used to eliminate runners, or to send raw scores to lit up scoreboards, the the scribe can copy the paper version to the PDA as a secondary operation.
--Lance