A possible answer to lousy judging "Flash cards"

Derek Koopowitz derekkoopowitz at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 17 11:57:34 AKDT 2004

Several years ago we looked into using PDA's but at the time the cost of the
PDA's were a little outrageous.  Now, the cost is much more in line with a
realistic effort to use them to do scoring at the NATS and to have scores
"sent" to the scoring computer "real time" by using PDA's with network cards
and running a wireless network at each site connected up to the main scoring
computer at the farmhouse.  This is extremely easy to do... the trick is in
setting up the PDA's (or programming them) to do scoring.

Lance, if you, or anyone else, has the ability to program a PDA under
Windows CE (Pocket PC) using Pocket Excel then I know we can use it to do
scoring to transfer scores to the main scoring program.  I have a good
friend that is a whiz using Excel... I'll ask him to put something together
that we can use on the PDA.

  _____