Judge Training /Contest Scoring

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Sat Apr 17 06:03:43 AKDT 2004

Dave came up with something here that really tweaked my conscience.  I
do believe that I'm going to download some score sheets and use them at
practice sessions.  I'm fortunate enough to live where some really good
flyers practice FAI and Masters.  I could sit back while having a cold
drink and actually get used to scoring them.  They wouldn't have to know
it was going on, but, guess what?  I'll bet that, if they knew, they'd
come over and ask how the flight looked, and probably want to see the
scores for their own knowledge.  And, as a judge, I wouldn't be under
the gun, as at a contest.  We'd all be more relaxed, and could work out
the bugs.  Does it sound practical?  I'm giving it a try.  It'll be a
few weeks before I can manage it, (contests and things going on) but it
seems as if it could be beneficial.  Has it been done before?  Comments?

Bill Glaze