A possible answer to lousy judging "Flash cards"

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 17 05:20:33 AKDT 2004

 Who get's to see the pad? How does this help in our ability to judge the judging? Mike

Don Ramsey <donramsey at cox-internet.com> wrote:I believe the pad is the best answer.  Two years ago at the NATS finals Somenzini's scores were lost in transport to scoring.  Two judges were asked to refile and only the scratch pads saved the day.  I always put the contestant name or number at the top of a column and record the scores vertically. If there is a scribe there is no need for questions about anything until the round is finished.  I check the scribe or transcribe the scores after the final maneuver.  Of course, this may not allow me to view the entire landing sequence.

Don