foam core question

Lance Van Nostrand patterndude at comcast.net
Thu Apr 15 19:52:10 AKDT 2004

Mark,
You are likely to get a lot of input on this,but here's some info:
You really do need to support both ends of the wing tube.  The root side is supported by your root covering (either 1/4" balsa, 1/8" basswood or lite ply with lightening holes).  The end inside the wing is supported by a partial rib that connects the LE to the wing tube.
  I don't know if you see Jim Sheffield, Mike Austin, Mike McGraw or any of the other guys that have AeroSlave planes, but in my 30 page instruction manual I have detailed descriptions of how to build the internal structure, the pros and cons of 3 different spar styles, how to install them, how to make the skins and how to sheet the wing.  You could read over those pages.

--Lance