foam core question

Terry Brox tbrox at cox.net
Thu Apr 15 19:08:06 AKDT 2004

Hi Mark,
        I have some pics of how I do it and build 12.8 oz. ready to fly Prophecy type wings. And pics of some stress tested wings. email me privately if you wish for the pics.  tbrox at cox.net
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mark Hunt
  To: discussion at nsrca.org
  Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 9:16 PM
  Subject: foam core question

  Sirs:

  As a newbie to cutting foam cores, I have a question regarding how to strengthen the wing panel.  Does the preferred method include attaching some c.f. strips to the inside of the skins?  Should they extend from the root all the way to the tip?  I know some guys feel it is a must to also use a false rib near the end of the tube sleeve also?  I hear that some guys (r u out there Nat?) are confident without any false rib or c.f. under the skin....?

  I cut the cores earlier tonight (to rebuild my 2M after a mid-air) with the help of a friend, and they turned out just beautiful.  I have a nice plan to machine a drill jig for cutting the spar tube hole...so that's seems to be solved.

  Thanks in advance for the help...

  Mark
  www.geocities.com/markhunt_2000/INSIGHT