Snaps (Redneck translation for Robert Gainey)

Jerry Budd jbudd at QNET.COM
Wed Apr 14 17:44:26 AKDT 2004

Oh, OK Robert.  Since you asked, here it is in Redneck:

A win' is stalled when th' lif' curve slope changes sign, meanin'
thet a further increase in angle of attack (AOA) results in a
reduckshun in lif', due t'increased separeeshun of th' airflow
disruppin' th' pressure distribushun on over th' top of th' win'. Th'
AOA (also refered t'as "alfy" in th' flight tess wo'ld) at which th'
lif' curve slope changes fum positive t'negative is whar th' maximum
lif' coefficient (CL-max) of th' win' (o' vehicle) is retched an' is
typically foun' t'occur aroun' 18 t'30 degrees alfy. It's a funckshun
of a whole lot of thin's like aspeck ratio, planfo'm, corntrol
surface defleckshun, Reynolds #, Mach#, etc. It is NOT a funckshun of
airspeed, cuss it all t' tarnation.

But ah digress...

Jeremiah

--