Defensive judging to avoid retaliation. Are you guilty?

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Wed Apr 14 16:37:07 AKDT 2004

To be a good judge, you have got to overcome that line of thinking. If the
uninitiated want to give you zeroes for good maneuvers in retaliation, so be it.
I know it happens, but you gotta stick to your guns, no matter who is flying
.

We spend a small fortune in money and effort honing our flying, why would we
not want the best assessment possible? And why not spend some of that time
becoming truly proficient in judging? Or are some of us so egocentric with such
fragile egos that we can't handle the honest critique?

The assumption is that unfair critique is a task of small minds, and we have
none of these in Pattern

One more thing: The top guys want the correct critique by a knowledgeable
judge that applies the rules. Mike, I urge you to go up to Chip, Jason, Sean and
Don and ask them what use is a steady stream of 10's to them when they didn't
fly that

MattK