Snaps

Del K. Rykert drykert at localnet.com
Wed Apr 14 15:08:39 AKDT 2004

I was taught that a wing is stalled when it will no longer support the
aircraft in flight. You would be losing altitude if in level flight until
airflow is returned over the wing to support the weight of the aircraft.
Granted this is over simplification but when you ask about laminar flow
separation I understood that you can have separation when in a well trimmed
plane and still not lose much altitude but I believe this is getting into
semantics and not germane to models being judged for snapping or not
snapping.

                         del
               NSRCA - 473