Defensive judging to avoid retaliation. Are you guilty?

patterndude at comcast.net patterndude at comcast.net
Wed Apr 14 14:07:48 AKDT 2004

Here's an encouraging perspective:
Given that I dislike 8 judging and poor judging, I've noticed a postitive trend.  When one of the competitors was getting by with terrible snaps all day at a recent contest, the murmers went up in round 3 after the new judges took their seats, "Now that we have some REAL judges, let's see what happens".  The pilot got zeros on his snaps.
  When one pilot saw his raw score total, he said, "wow! that's really good for me".  The reply was, "Who was judging?".
  Clearly, a lot of people recognize and value critical, accurate and fair judging.  No one wants to be known as a marginal judge.
--Lance
--
District 6 AVP
www.aeroslave.com