Snaps

JOddino JOddino at socal.rr.com
Tue Apr 13 21:15:09 AKDT 2004

How do you stall a wing that is not producing any lift, as in the case when the plane is on a vertical up or down line?
My definnition of stall is when an increase in angle of attack does not produce an increase in lift.  Another might be when the lift does not exceed the weight.  I've got to believe we know a snap when we see it and we ought to quit trying to describe it in words.
Jim