Snap Switch

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Tue Apr 13 10:40:32 AKDT 2004

Hello Gray,

The "one point per X degrees" applies to the direction of the line with
respect to the intended direction.  If my flight path is 15 degrees off
from vertical than I get the deduction.  The execution of a snap simply
translates the position of the plane from its original line (vertical,
lets say) to a new line (still vertical, just in a different place than
where it began).

Mark

So what about an avalanche where the line gets shifted left or right? No
deduction even though the loop is messed up?

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering