Snap Switch

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Mon Apr 12 10:58:16 AKDT 2004

Good Point, but unfortunately judging snaps is difficult, and then
educating all the judges is even more difficult. Having the nads to zero
people due to "not real snaps" is also difficult.  Even the people who
have said nads for zeroing an Advanced flyer may exhibit shrinkage when it
comes to zeroing a top level FAI dude, whom to me seem to have the best
ability to fudge a snap where you wonder....was that a snap (must have
been right? he's a TOP flyer!)? I too hate to be in that position.  This
has been discussed at length before.
Also remember that I think some radios have a delay that when you hit the
switch it can be programmed to feed certain control surfaces first-I am
nuts on this?

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering