Snap Switch

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 06:26:25 AKDT 2004

That's exactly it. You program the throw and direction of your rudder, elevator, and ailerons. In practice I have found "flying" the manuever with the sticks to be better than using a snap switch. It lets you independantly release the surfaces, resulting in a cleaner exit. That's how the best of the best finish an avalanche or a downline snap with the plane in the correct orientation. Like everything else, it takes practice. I do use a rate switch to change throws for snaps and spins.

And as Buddy experienced, the snap switch can be deadly if triggered at the wrong moment.

"Edward C. Hernandez" <ehernan3 at peoplepc.com> wrote:
Ok, what's a "snap switch"? Is that some button or toggle programmed to move the surfaces for you instead of moving the sticks yourself?

Ed Hernandez