Header,teflon, Muffler?

jed241 at msn.com jed241 at msn.com
Sat Sep 27 06:50:22 AKDT 2003

Buddy,

I've been running a 140L with a 1/2 Teflon coupler and Hatori pipe and getting about 8,400rpm with a 16x11 using Wildcat 15% Nitro / 18% all Synthetic oil. I've been told it will run better with more Nitro. I haven't ried it yet as I didn't want to change anything during the season.

I'm wondering if the pop you heard was a backfire and split the coupler. My coupler is about 9 inches long and have about 100 flights on it this season with no problem.

None the less the Focus ran strong all year with this set up and fuel, with good vertical performance.

Engines are not my strength, so I'm not much help with what could be wrong. I think the problem is in the 140L though.

See ya,

Larry