NSRCA Formal Announcement

Del Rykert drykert at rochester.rr.com
Thu Sep 25 15:39:56 AKDT 2003

I concur with Robert.

    Del

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: RUDDERCABL at aol.com
  To: discussion at nsrca.org
  Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 7:06 PM
  Subject: Re: NSRCA Formal Announcement

  In a message dated 9/24/2003 6:25:10 PM Eastern Standard Time, jivey61 at msn.com writes:

    I don't see the conflict here with all these threads. DOES IT MATTER WHEN
    YOU PAY YOUR DUES? As long as the NSRCA gets the full amount. The money goes
    in the same pot and does the same good in September as it does in January.
    If everyone did this it would create problems,however, this is one case.We
    don't prorate the dues. At least the guy paid and it doesn't matter what the
    motive was for not paying. He evidently was good enough to win and that is
    important. I think he should be welcomed into the organization. I also think
    this discussion about him could run him off (if it hasn't already) to never
    fly with us again. Has competition put blinders on us? We need to cool it
    with this discussion.

  Wow . We gained one member who figured out a way to " BUY " the district championship with his membership dues . So what ?  How about the member who has been paying his dues for years and gets shafted out of the championship ?  Guess what ? There is a greater chance that the shafted member won't return next year and he will probably be able to convence at least one of his pattern buddies not to either . Do the math then , and you see minus numbers in the so called  " same pot " .

  Sorry . But I will take my chances running off the prospective member , who probably would not have joined if he would not have won the championship , as opposed to running off members who have been supporting the organization .

  " Has competition put blinders on us ? "   No !  But for  $30.00 , money sure has !

  Robert Gainey