NSRCA Formal Announcement - let's go forward.

Ed Miller edbon85 at optonline.net
Thu Sep 25 13:49:18 AKDT 2003

Item 3 has purity of concept but just makes the job of the District VP harder. Not only does he has to keep track of who is a NSRCA member in his district but he also needs to know who isn't in his district and may or may not be a NSRCA member. In NASCAR, CUP drivers often drive in Busch series races, the CUP drivers points awarded during the Busch race count towards the Busch series points standings but the CUP drivers never run anywhere close to a full Busch schedule, so it's a moot point. The same would happen with our District points championships EXCEPT in a district where a single contest determines the champion.
Item 4 needs to be clarified.
As a CD, I have no problem asking a contestant for their NSRCA membership card along with their AMA card at sign in. I keep both my AMA card and NSRCA card in my flight box, if I'm flying, I have it.
Living in the area the lion's share of activity in NSRCA district 1 occurs, I'm fortunate as the furthest I' have to travel to a contest is maybe 6 hours. Other districts/members have far greater distances to travel so what works for District 1 may not work for another district. With that said, maybe the District VP's should have sole authority of the championship format and rules in his/her district.
Ed M.