Dist.6 Point System

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Wed Sep 24 20:17:35 AKDT 2003

When it passed in D6 from Bob to me.....

The rules were the same except I would only count the contests where a pilot
was a member already. It was not written that way just seemed like the fair
way to do. This was by the way published in one of my articles.

In fact at the very first district Champs since  D6 went to the points
system...2000 Lubbock in October when Bob and jointed the Contest and I flew
and Bob spent all the time running it. A pilot would have won the D Champs
points but he was not a member until like 2 weeks before the October meet.
So His points were not counted for the previous contests.

Fair in my mind since it had been published prior.

Just a little history from one of the offending parties.

By the way a District contest was tough in D6...We choose Lubbock because it
was equal drive from all parts of the District. Colorado was a 600 miles
drive and so were the southern TX boys. Its very difficult to have a certain
segment travel 800-900 miles to a District event and hope they would come.
This is one reason a points system was kept while I served my time. Granted
a District contest was encouraged as it was double points....but it would be
possible for a well attended and flying pilot to win without the district
meet. The difference was an equally well attended and placing pilot that
went to the D Champs would be the D Champ.

Can't please all of the people all of the time and in fact can't please most
of them either.

Troy