NSRCA Formal Announcement

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Wed Sep 24 20:10:08 AKDT 2003

--On Wednesday, September 24, 2003 9:07 PM -0500 Lance Van Nostrand <patterndude at comcast.net> wrote:

> Let me know when that next poker party is at your house.  I propose a rule
> whereby I don't have to ante up until I am sure I have a winning hand.

The analogy limps.

As I understand the story--strictly from this series
of e-mails--the fellow placed higher in front of the
judges FIRST before the issue was raised about his
membership in the NSRCA.

Poker is a great game.  I love to watch it on TV.
It is a game of chance.  People bet on the turn of
a card.  No one knows for sure what the next card
will be--they play probabilities.

My impression is that this fellow was judged to be
a better pattern pilot than the unhappy camper.
That IS the pattern game.  I don't sympathize with
the gripe that he deserved the championship on
the technicality of paying dues earlier in the
year.

I do see that, in the future, because of this case,
districts may make the rule that only NSRCA members
can earn points toward the season's championship.
OK.  That would be a reasonable outcome of this
debate.  But since that rule was not in effect
at the time of the incident, the District VP
or his agents get to make the call.  Seems to
me that's their job.

				Marty #2874

# discussion-request at nsrca.org