NSRCA Formal Announcement

jed241 at msn.com jed241 at msn.com
Tue Sep 23 15:59:15 AKDT 2003

I may have an unpopular view. But I see things a bit different view point...

Since the NSRCA is a SIG of the AMA and the contest are open to all AMA members, I don't have an issue with someone joining the NSRCA at the District Championship before the last contest is over.

I had set a goal for the District Championship before the 1st contest. I came in 4th in my first two contest. I was humbled,  but never let lose sight of my goal.  The guy that won those contest wasn't an NSRCA member.

What crossed my mind is that it was more important for me to achieve my goal by placing consistently and obtaining more points than anyone in my class. It didn't matter to me if they were an NSRCA member or not. I wouldn't have felt like I achieved my goal if I didn't have as many points as someone else that competed and placed consistently to have more points. They are an AMA member and have invested just as much energy and time as I did in practice and attending contest. They would have deserved it.

Oh, when it comes to flying RC planes...I'm a 16 year old kid...stuck in a 42 year old body...<vbg>

Larry Diamond
NSRCA 3083
AMA 5024