D4 Championships

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Mon Sep 22 12:03:19 AKDT 2003

My Turn...

I'd of course like to thank all for the kind words...BUT...more importantly want to point out what made this contest work so well.  EVERYONE did there part.  Period.  Every person that was asked to help...judging, scribing, whatever...did so without even a single question or hesitation. Ok...maybe a hesitation.  On the occassion that there was a problem, I.e. "my plane needs repair..." the problem was ALWAYS presented with a solution..."I'd like to work on my plane, BUT I asked
so n so and he said he would judge for me"
There was no griping about "My caller is judging" or "I need to leave early, can I fly early in the round", or complaining about minor changes to the flight order to avoid frequency conflicts.

It was awesome.  We flew each round in just under 3 hours on two lines...trust me...that's keeping 2 planes in the air CONSTANTLY.

So MY thanks are to all the pilots and there families that made this easy...AND made it easy enough for me to also compete (Having a Co-CD like Bob also makes that possible...which is something I highly recommend by the way...co-CD's)

So I guess my thanks goes to all those who cooperated so well and "played nicely together".  I look forward to it again next year...

-Mark