Gaskets

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 18 13:42:16 AKDT 2003

The Leak free gaskets are reusable. Gasket failures are considered to be
avoidable failures. I am not aware of any Leakfree failures.  OTH, I have
made gaskets from the cardboard tag on YS parts that never failed either.
Valve cover gaskets sometimes "suck in" around the sides and lead to lean
runs with the greater damage to the piston & sleeve.  Regulator gaskets fray
around the fuel passage holes leading to lean runs.

You don't have to have a better gasket, but they are worth the price of
around $15 per set. Some replace gaskets before the engine is ever run &
others of us do it at the first sign of trouble.

John Ferrell
6241 Phillippi Rd
Julian NC 27283
Phone: (336)685-9606