Velcro does wearout

BUDDYonRC at aol.com BUDDYonRC at aol.com
Mon Sep 8 06:32:38 AKDT 2003

Any of you who use Velcro as hold down straps where you attach and detach it
on a regular basis Caution! Be AWARE that it does WEAR OUT and loose it's
holding power.
I use Velcro to hold the tank in and after about 1000 cycles it lost it's
holding power.
Yesterday while doing a rather speedy snap the Velcro came loose and ejected
the tank from the plane along with the canopy.
I also tested the tank and the results are that a 3/4 full tank falling to
the ground from 300 foot altitude will not survive, and the canopy will not
survive if a tank goes through it.
Plane landed safely ready for installation of a new tank and canopy.
Buddy