YS 140FZ Help

jim ivey jivey61 at msn.com
Sun Sep 7 10:35:03 AKDT 2003

Hotrod
I know you have the engine running now ,but I feel something is wrong with
the low end adjustment.That is a air bleed and if you have to turn it that
far out there may be something blocking the oriface.That many turns says to
me the needle has no affect.
I would still take it apart and inspect very closely the low end needle
assembly for foreign (something )matter that doesn't belong there.
Just more tho'ts

Jim Ivey

jivey61 at msn.com

>From: "D Suding" <junk at velocitus.net>
>To: <discussion at nsrca.org>
>CC: <Hotrod34a at aol.com>
>Subject: Re: YS 140FZ Help
>Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:06:37 -0600 (MDT)
>
>Hotrod,
>
>I have an FZ pulling a 10.5 pound Temptation, and I also think it is a
>dream combination.  I can make any of the manuevers as large as I want,
>with power to spare. I'm using 30% cool power heli.  I recently did an
>overhall of the ailerons and elevator. I had everything set up to do 3D
>and used the radio to reign in the throws.  I ended up wearing out the
>servos, and never did have the precision centering. So I reduced the
>throws, and it just flies incredibly now.  The thing about the FZ is, you
>don't have to put a pound and a half of fuel in it, so the fuel weight
>savings means a lighter airframe for the entire pattern. I can fly the
>Masters pattern on about 5 or 6 ounces of fuel!  I love that plane.
>
>-D
>
> > Eric,
> >     Yes, it is plumbed different, like to old ones, which I like a lot
> > better.  Lot easier to install too.  You are right, the picture in their
> > add is not  of the 140 Sport. I went to the field tonight and wound up
> > setting the low end  adjustment to 5 turns out, and it idled really
> > nice, and just a tad rich on  the transition, but I can feel the engine
> > developing more power every flight,  so I believe that was the original
> > problem.  I just had never had to adjust my  L's out that far or even
> > hardly move them, so this was all new and I didn't  want to move it out
> > too far without some feedback.  Thanks to Earl, Glen, Bob,  Eric, and
> > all those I forgot to mention for the help, believe I got it whipped
> > now.  And I can say this for the 140 Sport.  Definitely a lot stronger
> > than  the old FZ's.  I have a 16 x 11 and am turning over 8600 at the
> > present and  still a tad rich on the high end, like Bob said, maybe 1 to
> > 2 clicks rich.  I have  it in a 10# 7.2 Oz Temptation that I just built
> > and I can see no reason to  need any more power for what I fly, and
> > again tonight, I put it through several  of the masters manuevers that
> > require a lot of power and the only one I opened  it wide up on was the
> > Square on corners, and then realized I didn't even need  it at full
> > throttle.  But, there was not much wind this evening either...so  that
> > will come into play down the road.  But what a difference in idling vs
> > the  L's...Hardly any vibration at all which is a lot better on the
> > gear,  everything....Also can't say enough about the Temptation, what a
> > sweet flying plane,  and you can fly it at any speed that you like and
> > it performs flawlessly.  I  moved the CG back a little tonight from the
> > recommended setting, and it  performed even better.  Very little, and I
> > mean very little coupling on knife edge,  and had to mix 6% up elevator
> [...]

Need more e-mail storage? Get 10MB with Hotmail Extra Storage.
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es

# discussion-request at nsrca.org