Interesting "Feature"

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Sat Sep 6 15:14:30 AKDT 2003

Today, while practicing, I had a TERRIBLE time making smooth radii, push or pull, didn't matter.  Couldn't figure out what was happening, because I had not changed anything (that I knew of)...The plane kept "jumping" in pitch at a particular point on the stick, like the expo was all of a sudden going away.
    It was getting frustrating, so I thought I'd best check the TX setup.  (You've probably already guessed this...)
    In the 10X Expo menu, the button to change Expo to "normal", "linear", VTR, or expo/linear, is right next to the increase/decrease button.  Much to my surprise, last time I had been in there changing expo, I had accidentally changed from "normal" expo to "normal/LINEAR"....I had never used that mode before, and now I *know* why I shouldn't....
    Changed back to "normal", and things went back to "normal"....This was a very interesting thing to note, because I really had NO idea why the airplane was changing so much...and it isn't really anything most of us would ever think to check....
    I know I will next time a plane gets squirrely for no apparent reason....

Bob Pastorello, Oklahoma
NSRCA 199, AMA 46373
rcaerobob at cox.net
www.rcaerobats.net