YS 140FZ Help

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Wed Sep 3 11:21:57 AKDT 2003

Set idle at 2000 rpm.  Observe if idle goes up or down during few seconds.  If
goes up means that is lean and you have to richen the low end (reverse than
other engines.  Richen by running the mixture screw in or clock wise).  If rpm
at idle goes down the mixture is rich and you need to lean the mixture.  I have
to FZ and they can be at idle at least 1-2 minutes at 2000 rpm.  Good start is
1 to 1.5 turns out.

I didn't develop this procedure.  I read it in this group and used all time
with very good results.  It works for L and FZ.  I don't think can be use in
the DZ.

If you can not adjust after using this procedure, you will need to check
gaskets for leaks.

Vicente Bortone

# discussion-request at nsrca.org