Staying Young

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 31 16:23:23 AKST 2003

 Ron that's a cool story thanks for sharing it. My oldest daughter became a teacher in grammer school last year and the kids really enjoy visiters. They seem to learn more from outsiders. I'm sure they enjoyed your presentation. Mike

Ron Van Putte <vanputte at cox.net> wrote:
Let me tell you what I did this week. A grammar school teacher asked me
if I would come to one of her classes on Tuesday and Friday to talk
about how airplanes fly. Now, I'm an aeronautical engineer, so talking
about airplanes was no problem. Tuesday it was 3rd graders and Friday
is was 5th graders.

I was amazed at how intelligent and curious the students were! I took a
little battery powered freeflight airplane and a Miss 2, an electric
powered R/C version of an old free flight. After my discussion of how
airplanes fly, we went out to the school's soccer field and I flew the
Miss 2.

I totally enjoyed myself and hope I get asked back again. I also hope I
recruited some new R/C pilots.

Ron Van Putte

# discussion-request at nsrca.org