Pattern & IMAC 2003 Nationals articles in AMA Mag.

rcaerobob at cox.net rcaerobob at cox.net
Thu Oct 30 08:24:44 AKST 2003

EXACTLY.  And many of the non-competitive folks DO, and ARE, voicing their discontent with that investment.  If any of you want a few days worth of reading, drop by the RC Universe forum on "AMA".  You'll probably be surprised at what the rank and file folks have on their minds.  I was.
   It is a pretty complex issue, and has lots of widely varying perspectives.  Ours is but ONE.

> From: "Gray E Fowler" <gfowler at raytheon.com>
> Date: 2003/10/30 Thu AM 11:55:16 EST
> To: discussion at nsrca.org
> Subject: Re: RE: Pattern & IMAC 2003 Nationals articles in AMA Mag.
>
> RC Bob
>
> While you are correct that the AMA is not "competition support" directly
> why did they build and cost us the AMA members huge sums of money for a
> multi faceted site that greatly out paces the need for non competiton
> flying demand-if not for competition.
>
> While pattern guys are a small percentage, we have a much larger
> percentage of people who use Muncie than the percentage of non competition
> types......
>
> So how much has the AMA spent on the National site? Tell that to the non
> competiton type and he should be outraged also, knowing he will never
> compete.
>

> Gray Fowler
> Principal Chemical Engineer
> Composites Engineering