Flyin at the National site

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Thu Oct 30 07:42:03 AKST 2003

The question is now that we know Dave Brown has 200 emails saying too many
events at the National site, is what does Dave do next.
It is so stupid to think that we the AMA members paid for the huge three
runway (two paved) site simply so AMA members can walk away after visiting
the site with nostalgic memories of flying there and get a feeling of
"Their moneys worth" cuz they flew there after paying dues. The site has
three runaways, huge open spaces, multiple huge flight circles for one
reason .....hosting National competition.
This ongoing rant is useless, unless Dave Brown or others decide to
curtail The NATS to make room for passing by sport flyers. If they do then
it is recall time  as in CA ...due to total leadership stupidity.....I
would even advocate stranger things knowing how much AMA cash was spent on
this gigantic national site only to have it used for people passing
by...which could have been accomplished with a single grass runway, one
flying circle, and an agreement with the corn raisin' dudes about FF
retrieval.
The question really is..are they serious? If they are serious then we had
better organize and beat the crap outta them with our emails if that seems
to be so powerful. If we send 201 emails do we win??? Do not put anything
past our AMA leaders though......they are the same group that puts out the
horrible AMA  Mag, competing with MAN and RCM for photos of the newest
P-51 ARF (here we go again) or stinkin park flyer instead of allowing
space for Erics pattern column-every month.

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering