Pattern & IMAC 2003 Nationals articles in AMA Mag.

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Thu Oct 30 06:39:48 AKST 2003

--On Thursday, October 30, 2003 10:30 AM -0500 rwantz2 at comcast.net wrote:

> I agree.  I live a little over an hour away and have only flown at the AMA
> site casually a couple of times.  I feared getting shot down by someone on
> another portion of the site and I also witnessed no frequency control
> whatsoever.

That was our experience, too.

We walked into HQ, maybe signed a guest book, and were told
we could go pick a place to fly.  We couldn't see or hear
anyone else flying, so we fired up the engines and had fun.

> It also appears that the site is virtually open to the public
> since no one checks membership.

When we came back in the morning, we didn't even bother to
stop at HQ.  We just drove back to the paved runways and
set up.  No one came to check on us.  Frequency control
was done the old-fashioned way--talking with the other
guys at the field.

I'm not complaining.  Both sessions were memorable.
Just reporting the way things were then (circa 1998-99?).

					Marty #2874
# discussion-request at nsrca.org