Angel's Shadow - RIP

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Wed Oct 29 07:01:41 AKST 2003

Hi Lance,
Please pardon the structures lesson: I'm sure you know this already.
There is a compression buckle that naturally results from abruptly
ending the spar (or spar-like structure) at the end of the wing tube.
The top and bottom skins will try to meet at some distance out from the
end of the hard structure. That buckle will also try to pinch the
leading edge flat, cracking the glue joint. A balsa leading edge
filler or even a wimpy little vertical web a half an inch behind
the LE stops the pinching. I prefer the filler, 'cause it adds gluing area.
I'll bet that a spar extension to just beyond the servo box would
render the wings bullet-proof. Hey we builds 'em lighter and
lighter 'till they break; and then we back up one step ...
Regards to All
	Dean