Pattern & Imac 2003 Nationals articles in AMA Mag.

george kennie geobet at gis.net
Wed Oct 29 06:59:44 AKST 2003

Boy, I had a similar reaction. After all the hype over the last several
years about how Imac is the fastest growing venue of the sport, they had
a total head count of 37??? C'mon, at a Nationals event???????????  As
far as representatives of a SIG, it appears that they had absolutely
zero support people. You can't feel that this is due to some economic
condition, as all these guys seem to have airplanes in the >$7500
category. It also sounds like they do not have a judging program to
certify potential judges, as there were many complaints regarding unfair
scoring awards, resulting in many pilots realizing that they had been
unduly cheated.
The overall tenor of the entire meet seemed to have a great black pall
decend upon Muncie for the duration of their event with nobody leaving
for home with a good feeling.
This report certainly does not bode well as an encouraging carrot
regarding future attendance.
Their venue appears to require a super shot in the arm of administrative
influx, if they are going to survive in a manner capable of sustaining
any number base.
It's very SAD!!!!!!!!
Georgie