Tachometer

spbyrum spbyrum at hiwaay.net
Fri Oct 24 17:46:33 AKDT 2003

I told my teenage daughter I had a meter that would tell how fast her
lips flapped when she talks.  I stood her under a fluorescent light in
the shop and showed her my tach reading 3600.  I then explained that if
her mouth average 1" of movement each time it moved, her lips were
running almost 35 mph.  She was instantly suspicious and wanted to know
how I did that.  I told her it was science and meters.

She was not amused when I told her the truth several days later.