Tachometer

jim ivey jivey61 at msn.com
Fri Oct 24 16:16:31 AKDT 2003

Ok time for another thread.
I just put batteries in my tachometer and I want to calibrate it. If I set
it to sense a 2 blade prop and hold it to the flourescent light bulb in the
kitchen, what should it read. There are 120 pulses of light on 60 cycles.
Why does it read 36. If I select a 3 blade prop it reads 23.  WHY. What
should I set it to read looking at this light?

Jim Ivey

jivey61 at msn.com

Service.  Try it FREE for one month!   http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup

# discussion-request at nsrca.org