Another bearing question....

george kennie geobet at gis.net
Fri Oct 24 09:54:53 AKDT 2003

Dean,
Nope! It's an old Magnum and it has terrific compression and doesn't exhibit any of the attributes of wear.
As regards the base seal, it seems to me that if the seal is less because of shaft wiggle, then the transfer charge would be less efficient resulting in a leaner
charge which should make the engine run leaner, unless the seal is not as severly affected at reduced rpm's.If that's true, then maybe that's why it idles O.K. due
to inconsequential losses at very low r's. Huh, huh, huh?????
Georgie

# discussion-request at nsrca.org