bearing question

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Wed Oct 22 04:22:17 AKDT 2003

Emory,

Some of us have been just leaving the seal and grease in the bearing.  I had replaced the bearing on my OS and the first replacement bearing I removed the seal and rinsed the grease out of it and just used after run to lube it back up after the install.  Well!!!  this bearing only lasted about 20 flights.  New bearing in now with seals in place has over 50 flights and doing fine.

Wayne G.