Decline of pattern / Translation

amad2terry at juno.com amad2terry at juno.com
Sat Oct 18 03:33:03 AKDT 2003

One day contest do have their place. A few of the people I run into say that they can't get away from the family for 2 days, motel expense eats into flying funds, etc.

For me, I won't go to a 1 day. Most of the time I have to drive 4 hours, or more, and I just will not take the risk that a 1 day will be rained out, or otherwise cancelled or shortened. Since starting this activity in 1984, I have only seen 1 contest that was a 2 dayer completely rained out, and that was one in Canada this year.

I cut my contest expense by camping on site in a tent. This also makes for some great time sharing with other campers. You really get a chance to know your competition. This may be the BEST part of pattern competition.

Terry T.

# discussion-request at nsrca.org