Dedication

Anthony Romano anthonyr105 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 17 06:43:25 AKDT 2003

  That is the $64,000 question. How to make someone commit to the effort to
make the time and expense to travel to an event? In a few of my clubs we
can't even get guys to show up to a meeting with free food!
One thing we have tried is a one day event, centrally located in the
district for all classes. Lots of faces that you only see a few times a year
flew four rounds and awards were done by 5pm.  Maybe this can help keep some
of the locals flying.

Anthony

>From: Bill Glaze <billglaze at triad.rr.com>
>To: discussion at nsrca.org
>Subject: Re: Decline of pattern / Translation
>Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:06:59 -0500
>
>The statements below have analyzed benefits exactly,  at least for me.
>Bill Glaze
>
>Anthony Abdullah wrote:
>
> > I don't want to get anything started, but I had a thought inspired
> > from an off list conversation with a pattern buddy. We go to pattern
> > competitions and most of the time we love it. I have had great pattern
> > weekends in Lancaster, Oh. in a nearly constant downpour and realized
> > that the flying and competition are only half the story. What we
> > experience at a contest does not translate well to sport pilots. I
> > know, at least for me, that when I tell sport flyers about contests we
> > talk about the planes and the manuevers. Unfortunately the friendships
> > made, the sportsmanship, the camaraderie, the fellowships, and the
> > sense of accomplishment, just do not translate well to people who have
> > not experienced it. I always struggle when I'm asked, often, what you
> > get for winning. They never quite understand that the trophy is only
> > half the story. So the $50,000 question is: How do we help translate
> > the pattern experience to non pattern flyers to get them to at least
> > give it a shot? Just a few thoughts.Anthony

># To be removed from this list, send a message to
># discussion-request at nsrca.org
># and put leave discussion on the first line of the body.
>#

Use custom emotions -- try MSN Messenger 6.0!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_emoticon

# discussion-request at nsrca.org